Dean & Dyer: Introduction to Intellectual Property Law provides a thorough and accessible introduction to the full, broad spectrum of intellectual property law in South Africa. Authored as a collaboration between Spoor & Fisher, specialist intellectual property law attorneys, and the Anton Mostert Chair of Intellectual Property Law at the University of Stellenbosch, the text brings together the value of practical expertise with an enquiring, analytical and critical approach, resulting in a dynamic and indispensable reference.
- Authored by expert practitioners and academics, this text clearly explains the complex, technical field of intellectual property law with accuracy, insight and depth.
- The text offers unique discussion of several aspects of intellectual property law (such as intellectual property law in the digital environment and plant breedersï¿½â
- ¢rights), which, to date, have not been addressed in general academic literature.
- Critical and reflective engagement with topical, relevant and technical issues offers an expanded intellectual dimension, enriching insight, interest and understanding.
- Lecture presentation slides and additional assessment questions are available to lecturers. These provide an enriched package of educational material to support teaching and
6Plant breeders' rights
8Traditional knowledge, traditional cultural expressions and folklore
9Commercial considerations for transactions involving intellectual property
10Intellectual property law in the digital environment (EIP law)
11Intellectual property rights and the Constitution
This digest is suited as core course material for students who are studying intellectual property law within the LLB degree programme, or at postgraduate level. It is also a useful resource for legal practitioners and others encountering the practical application of intellectual property.
Dean & Dyer: Introduction to Intellectual Property Law - PowerPoint Slides
Dean & Dyer: Introduction to Intellectual Property Law - Questions