Succeed in Educare Didactics N5 provides students with the necessary theoretical knowledge to write their exams and the practical application to enter the workplace confidently.
- Learning outcomes are listed at the start of each chapter and reviewed again in summary form at the end of the chapter for students to use when studying.
- Cartoons, illustrations, diagrams and photos present information visually.
- Examples, Case Studies and Did You Know boxes link theory to industry and bring the content to life.
- Key Terms are explained on the page where they are used and a Glossary is included at the end of the book.
- Key Points highlight core information, which students will find useful when studying.
- Power Break activities allow for discussion and revision.
- Assessment questions at the end of each chapter provides test and exam practice.
Part 1: Layout of the toddler section
1General requirements for the baby section (revision)
2Layout of the toddler section (centre based)
3Needs of the staff
Part 2: Activities for toddlers
1Activities for toddlers
2Role of the parent and educarer in activities for toddlers
Part 3: Written planning
1The value of written lesson planning
2What to keep in mind when selecting different activities
3Activity plan form for the presentation of activities
4Form of planning
Part 4: Observation
1What is observation?
2Methods of observation
4Discussing the progress of the child with the parents
Part 5: Literature and language activities
1The value of books, stories and language activities
2Collecting books, stories, rhymes and verses
3The role of the educarer in the book corner
6Making up your own stories
7The role of the educarer in literature and language activities
8Parents' involvement in child's language development
Part 6: Environmental studies
1Background to environmental studies
Part 7: Open-plan presentation
1What is open-plan presentation?
2The advantages and disadvantages of open-plan presentations
3The method of presentation
Part 8: Expressive studies: Art
2Development of children's art
3Making posters, forming letters and balance in art
4Assessing creative actities
6Incorporating art in the daily programme
7Making teaching aids and equipment
Part 9: Expressive Studies: Music
2Introduction and orientation
3Influence of music on the preschooler
TVET college students in Early Childhood Development studying Educare Didactics at N5 level.