Succeed in Marketing Management N4 provides students with the necessary theoretical knowledge to write their exams and the practical application to enter the workplace confidently.
- Learning outcomes are listed at the start of each chapter and reviewed again in summary form at the end of the chapter for students to use when studying.
- Cartoons, illustrations, diagrams and photos present information visually.
- Examples, Case Studies and Did You Know boxes link theory to industry and bring the content to life.
- Key Terms are explained on the page where they are used and a Glossary is included at the end of the book.
- Key Points highlight core information, which students will find useful when studying.
- Power Break activities allow for discussion and revision.
- Assessment questions at the end of each chapter provides test and exam practice.
Part 1: Fundamental principles of marketing
1The nature of marketing
2The evolution of marketing thoughts
3The marketing concept
4The broadening concept of marketing
5The marketing mix
6The functions of marketing
7The marketing (planning) process
8The marketing cycle
Part 2: The marketing environment
1Marketing management and the marketing environment
2The internal (micro-) marketing environment
3The market environment..
4The external (macro-) environment
5Management of the marketing environment
Part 3: The South African consumer market
1The market as a concept
2The nature of the consumer market
3The nature of consumer behaviour
4A model for consumer behaviour
5The consumer decision-making process (purchasing process)
6Types of purchasing decisions
7Acceptance of products by consumers
8Acceptance of new products
Part 4: Market segmentation and product positioining
Chapter 1: Mass marketing (market aggregation)
Chapter 2: Market segmentation
Chapter 3: Choice of target market
Chapter 4: Product positioning
Chapter 5: Product differentiation
Part 5: Marketing information gathering and marketing research
Chapter 1: Necessity of marketing information
Chapter 2: A marketing information system
Chapter 3: The nature of marketing research
Chapter 4: Areas in which marketing research is needed
TVET college students studying Marketing Management at N4 level.