Succeed in Labour Relations N5 provides students with the necessary theoretical knowledge to write their exams and the practical application to enter the workplace confidently.
- Learning outcomes are listed at the start of each chapter and reviewed again in summary form at the end of the chapter for students to use when studying.
- Cartoons, illustrations, diagrams and photos present information visually.
- Examples, Case Studies and Real World documents, Hints and Did You Know boxes link theory to industry and bring the content to life.
- Key Terms are explained on the page where they is used and a Glossary is included at the end of the book.
- Key Points highlight core information, which students will find useful when studying.
- Revision Corner recaps previous learning.
- Power Break activities and The Ethics feature allow for discussion and revision.
- Assessment questions at the end of each chapter provides test and exam
Part 1: Key aspects of labour relations
1: Importance of sound labour relations in the workplace
2: The employer-employee relationship
3: Contract of service
4: Participants in labour relations: trade unions, the employer and the State
Part 2: Labour legislation
5: Reasons for statutory control and the Labour Relations Act (1995, amended 2014)
6: The Labour Relations Act and Schedule 8: Code of Good Practice - Dismissals
7: The Basic conditions of Employment Act No.75 of 1997 (amended 2013) and other relevant Acts
Part 3: The structuring of labour relations in the workplace
8: Framework for labour relations
9: The labour relations system in South Africa and in international perspective
NATED Human Resources students and lecturers.