Developed especially for the TVET student at N4 level, Succeed in Management Communication N4 provides students with the necessary theoretical knowledge to write their exams and the practical application to enter the workplace confidently. The book is packed with templates for writing and handy tips to make studying easier.
- Focus on plain language with difficult words defined where they are used and a glossary at the back of the textbook.
- Examples and templates of business letters for students to refer to in the examination.
- Learning outcomes are listed at the start of each chapter and reviewed again in summary form at the end of the chapter for students to use when studying.
- Cartoons, illustrations, diagrams and photos present information visually.
- Local Examples and Case Studies link theory to industry and bring the content to life.
- Power Break activities allow for class discussion and revision.
- Assessment questions at the end of each chapter provides test and exam practice.
Part 1: Basic communication principles
1The importance of effective communication
2The elements of the communication process
3The communication model
4Categories of communication
Part 2: Interpersonal
relationships and social interaction
1A healthy self-image
3Barriers to interpersonal communication and social interaction
Part 3: Organisational communication
1Introduction to organisational communication
2Basic hierarchical structures
3Forms of address
4Means of communication
Part 4: Interviews
1The interview as a communication process
3Hints for the applicant
4Introduction to disciplinary interviews
Part 5: Language usage
1Concise writing in business
2Subjective and objective language usage
3Direct and indirect speech
4Active and passive voice
7Simple graphic material
Part 6: Meetings
1Definition of a meeting
2Types of meetings
3Basic meeting terminology
4Notices and agendas
5Minutes of meetings
6Rectifying errors in written communication
Part 7: Media for concise business communication
1The telephone message
2The fax message
4The internal memorandum
5The formal invitation
6Forms and questionnaires
Part 8: Advertisements and notices
1The AIDA principle
4Notices for the
Part 9: Letters
Part 10: Reports
1The format of a report
NATED Business students at N4 level.