Developed especially for the TVET student at N6 level, Succeed In Office Practice N6 provides students with the necessary theoretical knowledge to write their exams and to enter the workplace confidently.
- Succeed in Office Practice N6 provides students with everything they need to succeed:
- Focus on plain language with difficult words defined where they are used and a glossary at the back on the textbook.
- Learning outcomes are listed at the start of each chapter and reviewed again in summary form at the end of the chapter for students to use when studying.
- Assessment questions at the end of each chapter provides test and exam practice.
- Local Examples and Case Studies link theory to industry and bring the content to life.
Part 1: Management function
1Levels of management
2Functions of management
3The role of managers
4The role of the secretary / management assistant
Part 2: The electronic office
1Principles of office automation
2The impact of the microcomputer
3Office automation and workers
4Electronic appointment scheduling
5Electronic document storage and retrieval
6Electronic mail (email)
Part 3: Advanced secretarial functions
1Handling difficult situations
2Handling the manager
4Entertaining in the office
5Organising executive corporate functions
6Scanning the media
7Liaising with clients at executive level
8Compiling own correspondence
Part 4: The economic environment
2Marketing of products
3Types of business ownership
4Public utility undertakings
Part 5: Human resource provisioning
2Recruitment and interviewing
3Selection and appointment
5Human resource training and development
Part 6: Human resource maintenance and administration
2Performance and evaluation
5Dismissal and retrenchment
Part 7: Supervision and motivation
1Human relations and supervision
2Requirements of a good supervisor
3Duties of a supervisor
4Importance of motivation in the work situation
5Factors of motivation
6Work enrichment and enhancement
TVET College students and lecturers in the Business Management and Management Assistant streams.