Developed especially for the TVET student at N5 level, Succeed In Economics N5 provides students with the necessary theoretical knowledge to write their exams and the practical application to enter the workplace confidently.
- Focus on plain language with difficult words defined where they are used and a glossary at the back on the textbook.
- Learning outcomes are listed at the start of each chapter and reviewed again in summary form at the end of the chapter for students to use when studying.
- Cartoons, illustrations, diagrams and photos present information visually.
- Up to date local Examples and Case Studies link theory to industry and bring the content to life.
- Power Break activities allow for class discussion and revision.
- Assessment questions at the end of each chapter provides test and exam practice.
Part 1: Measurement of macroeconomic quantities
2The economic cycle
4Calculation of South Africa's national income
Part 2: Labour economics
1Labour in South Africa
2Trade unions in South Africa
3Unemployment in South Africa
4The wage structure in South Africa
Part 3: Monetary economics
3Capital and money markets
Part 4: International economics
2Balance of payments
4South Africa's internaional trade policy
Part 5: Government economics
1The role of government
2Expenditure and taxation
Part 6: Development economics
1Poverty, equality and efficiency
3Privatisation, deregulation, nationalisation and affirmative action
TVET Students in the Business Studies and Financial Studies fields.