Developed especially for the TVET student at N5 level, Succeed in Public Administration provides students with the necessary theoretical knowledge to write their exams and the practical application to enter the workplace confidently.
- Focus on plain language with difficult words defined where they are used and a glossary at the back of the textbook.
- Learning outcomes are listed at the start of each chapter and reviewed again in summary form at the end of the chapter for students to use when studying.
- Cartoons, illustrations, diagrams and photos present information visually.
- Local Examples and Case Studies link theory to industry and bring the content to life.
- Power Break activities allow for class discussion and revision.
- Assessment questions at the end of each chapter provides test and exam practice.
Part 1: Policy and policymaking
1Introduction to policy and policymaking
2Objectives and nature of public policy
3Planning, determining objectives, decision-making and policymaking
4Internal factors that influence policymaking
5External factors that influence policymaking
6Institutions involved in policymaking
7Levels of policy
8Characteristics of policymaking
9Role players in policymaking
Part 2: Organising
1Introduction to organising
2What is organising?
5Internal organisational arrangements
6Aids in organising
Part 3: Financing
1Introductioin to financing
2The nature of state finances
3General financial theories
4The phases of state finances
5Characteristics of the state budget
6Institutions concerned with state finances
7Types of budget
8Income sources for the state
Part 4: Personnel administration
1Introduction to personnel administration
3The meaning of personnel administration
4Generic personnel administrative functions
5Functional personnel administrative functions
7Training and development function
TVET College students and lecturers in the Public Administration field.