especially for the TVET student at N6 level, Succeed In Public Administration N6 provides students with the necessary theoretical knowledge to write their exams and the practical application to enter the workplace confidently.
- Local Examples and Case Studies link theory to industry and bring the content to life.
- Focus on plain language with difficult words defined where they are used and a glossary at the back of the textbook.
- Learning outcomes are listed at the start of each chapter and reviewed again in summary form at the end of the chapter for students to use when studying.
- Cartoons, illustrations, diagrams and photos present information visually.
- Power Break activities allow for class discussion and revision.
- Assessment questions at the end of each chapter provides test and exam practice.
Part 1: Generic, administrative and management functions
2Procedures and methods
Part 2: Control and accountability
2The nature of state control
3Kinds of control
4The control process
6The public protector
Part 3: Management functions
2The nature and content of public management
3The nature of administration including management as the seventh function
4The personal characteristics of a manager
5The functions of a public manager
Part 4: Auxiliary functions
3Provision of legal services
5Public liaison / public relations officer
7Composition and maintenance of the information service
8Provision of infrastructure and stock
Part 5: Instrumental functions and requirements
Part 6: Functional activities: Line functions
2Objectives and functions of public institutions
3Functional activities of public institutions
Part 7: Governmental relationships
1Place of governmental relationships
2Nature of content
3Influence of forms of governemental systems on governmental relationships
4Relationships between central, provincial and local authorities
Public Administration lecturers and students at TVET Colleges and Universities of Technology.