Developed especially for the TVET student at N4 level, Succeed in Child Health N4 provides students with the necessary theoretical knowledge to write their exams and the practical application to enter the workplace confidently.
- Focus on plain language with difficult words defined where they are used and a glossary at the back of the textbook.
- Learning outcomes are listed at the start of each chapter and reviewed again in summary form at the end of the chapter for students to use when studying.
- Cartoons, illustrations, diagrams and photos present information visually.
- Local Examples and Case Studies link theory to industry and bring the content to life.
- Power Break activities allow for class discussion and revision.
- Assessment questions at the end of each chapter provides test and exam practice.
Part 1: Health of the young child
1General importance of health
2Health and the environment
Part 2: Physical aspects of the young child
1General anatomy and physiology
2The expectant mother
Part 3: Nutrition of the young child
2Baby: Artificial feeding
3Baby: Weaning from breast to bottle
4Introduction to solid food
Part 4: Care of the young child
1Handling of the baby
2Washing of the baby
3Hygiene and nappies
Early Childhood Development students and practitioners.