Succeed in Communication N4 provides students with the necessary theoretical knowledge to write their exams and the practical application to enter the workplace confidently.
- Learning outcomes are listed at the start of each chapter and reviewed again in summary form at the end of the chapter for students to use when studying.
- Cartoons, illustrations, diagrams and photos present information visually.
- Examples, Case Studies and Did You Know boxes link theory to industry and bring the content to life.
- Key Terms are explained on the page where they are used and a Glossary is included at the end of the book.
- Key Points highlight core information, which students will find useful when studying.
- Power Break activities allow for discussion and revision.
- Assessment questions at the end of each chapter provides test and exam practice.
Part 1: Basic communication principles
1The importance of effective communication
2The elements of the communication process
3The communication model
4Categories of communication
Part 2: Interpersonal relationships and social interaction
1A healthy self-image: The basis for sound interpersonal relationships
3Barriers to interpersonal communication and social interaction
Part 3: Organisational communication
1Introduction to organisational communication
2Basic hierarchical structures
3Forms of address
4Means of communication
Part 4: Interviews
1The interview as a communication process
3Hints for the applicant
4Introduction to disciplinary interviews
Part 5: Language usage
1Concise writing in business
2Subjective and objective language usage
3Direct and indirect speech
4Active and passive voice
7Simple graphic material
Part 6: Meetings
1Definition of a meeting
2Types of meeting
3Basic meeting terminology
4Notices and agendas
5Minutes of meetings
6How to rectify errors in written communication
Part 7: Media for concise business communication
1The telephone message
2The fax message
4The internal memorandum
5The formal invitation
6Forms and questionnaires
Part 8: Advertisements and notices
1The AIDA principle
4Notices for the notice board
Part 9: Letters
Part 10: Reports
1The format of a report
TVET college students studying Communication at N4 level.