Succeed in Personnel Training N5 provides students with the necessary theoretical knowledge to write their exams and the practical application to enter the workplace confidently.
- Learning outcomes are listed at the start of each chapter and reviewed again in summary form at the end of the chapter for students to use when studying.
- Cartoons, illustrations, diagrams and photos present information visually.
- Examples, Case Studies and Did You Know boxes link theory to industry and bring the content to life.
- Key Terms are explained on the page where they are used and a Glossary is included at the end of the book.
Key Points highlight core information, which students will find useful when studying.
- Power Break activities allow for discussion and revision.
Assessment questions at the end of each chapter provides test and exam practice.
Part 1: Training and development in South Africa
1Terminology and concepts
2The training and development situation in South Africa
3 Manpower aims and policy
Part 2: Adult learning
4Training pedagogically vs andragogically
7Learning problems in training and development
Part 3: The management of training
8The systems approach to training
9The role of the training specialist
10The profile of a trainer
Part 4: Training methods in the workplace
Part 5: Training media in the workplace
13 Selecting training media
14Types of training media
15: Designing and obtaining training media
16: Using training media
Part 6: The art of presentation
17: Introduction to presentations
18: Preparing for presentations
19: Practicing presentations
Part 7: Planning and organising a workshop, seminar and a meeting
20: Planning organising and training: checklist
21: Deliver the training programme
22: Evaluate the training programme
TVET college lecturers and students in the NATED Human Resources stream.