Succeed in Sales Management N5 provides students with the necessary theoretical knowledge to write their exams and the practical application to enter the workplace confidently.
- Learning outcomes are listed at the start of each chapter and reviewed again in summary form at the end of the chapter for students to use when studying.
- Cartoons, illustrations, diagrams and photos present information visually.
- Examples, Case Studies and Did You Know boxes link theory to industry and bring the content to life.
- Key Terms are explained on the page where they are used and a Glossary is included at the end of the book.
- Key Points highlight core information, which students will find useful when studying.
- Power Break activities allow for discussion and revision.
- Assessment questions at the end of each chapter provides test and exam practice.
Part 1: Nature and scope of personal sales
1: Personal sales and the marketing system
2: Role, task and function of personal sales
3: Characteristics of successful sales people
4: Knowledge needed for successful selling
Part 2: Sales forecasting
5: What is sales forecasting?
6: Methods used to forecast sales
Part 3: Sales territories
7: What is a sales territory?
8: Designing a sales territory
Part 4: Sales quotas
9: Sales quotas and why they are used
10: Types of sales quotas
Part 5: Sales process
11: Prospecting potential clients
12: Planning the sales presentation
13: Approach techniques
14: Sales presentation
15: Dealing with objections
16: Closing the sale
Part 6: Types of sales
17: What is the organisational market
18: Telephone Sales
19: Ethics in telephone sales
Part 7: Improving personal effectiveness
20: Time management
21: Area support
TVET College lecturers and students in the NATED Marketing Management stream.