Succeed in Office Practice N4 provides students with the necessary theoretical knowledge to write their exams and the practical application to enter the workplace confidently.
- Learning outcomes are listed at the start of each chapter and reviewed again in summary form at the end of the chapter for students to use when studying.
- Cartoons, illustrations, diagrams and photos present information visually.
- Examples, Case Studies and Did You Know boxes link theory to industry and bring the content to life.
Key Terms are explained on the page where they are used and a Glossary is included at the end of the book.
- Key Points highlight core information, which students will find useful when studying.
- Power Break activities allow for discussion and revision.
Assessment questions at the end of each chapter provides test and exam practice.
Part 1: Orientation to the secretarial career
1The secretarial career
3The role of the secretary
4Image and grooming
6Interpersonal skills and human relations
Part 2: Telephone techniques and telephone aids
1Basic knowledge of telephone systems
2The importance of the telephone in a business
4Techniques for receiving calls
5Techniques for making calls
6Emergency services and security
Part 3: Reception and basic etiquette
1The office of the secretary as reception area
2The secretary as receptionist
6Posture and conduct
Part 4: Meetings and conferences
1Assisting with meetings
2Organising conferences and seminars
Part 5: Office supplies
1Procedure for purchasing office supplies
2Storage of office supplies
3Stock control and stock records
4Issuing of office supplies
Part 6: Gathering, processing and providing information
1Sources of information
2Setting up an information dossier
3Gathering and processing of information
4Copying and duplicating
5Documenting and channeling information
Part 7: Preparing, collecting, processing and filing documents
1Filing and indexing systems
2Classification of files
3Arrangement of files
4Requirements of a good filing system
5Filing and indexing equipment
6Basic filing procedures
TVET college students in the Management Assistant stream studying Office Practice at N4 level.