Succeed in Education N4 provides students with the necessary theoretical knowledge to write their exams and the practical application to enter the workplace confidently.
- Learning outcomes are listed at the start of each chapter and reviewed again in summary form at the end of the chapter for students to use when studying.
- Cartoons, illustrations, diagrams and photos present information visually.
- Examples, Case Studies and Did You Know boxes link theory to industry and bring the content to life.
- Key Terms are explained on the page where they are used and a Glossary is included at the end of the book.
- Key Points highlight core information, which students will find useful when studying.
- Power Break activities allow for discussion and revision.
- Assessment questions at the end of each chapter provides test and exam practice.
Part 1: The whole-child apporoach
1: The concept of the whole-child approach
2: Aspects of the whole child apporoach
3: Importance of educational relationships
Part 2: Aspects of learning and memory
4: Introduction to cognitive development
5: Cognitive development: Piaget's theory
6: Intelligence and perception, genetics and environement
7: Conditioning: classic and operant
8: Learning styles and learning theories
9: Social and cognitive development in context
Part 3: Educational approach to children with special intellectual needs
10: Intelligence tests
11: Gifted children
12: Mentally handicapped children
13: Potential learning problems
14: Educational deprivation and its influence
Lecturers of NATED Education Management and students in Educare stream on N4 level.