Succeed in Computer Practice N4 provides students with the necessary theoretical knowledge to write their exams and the practical application to enter the workplace confidently.
- Learning outcomes are listed at the start of each chapter and reviewed again in summary form at the end of the chapter for students to use when studying.
- Key Terms are explained on the page where they are used and a Glossary is included at the end of the book.
- Power Break activities allow students to apply what they have learnt.
- Assessment questions at the end of each chapter provides test and exam practice.
- CD included with exercises for students to practise what they have learnt.
Part 1: Introduction to computers
1Concepts of information technology
2Importance and application of computers
3Classification of computers
Part 2: System software
1Role and function of the operating software
2Starting and shutting down a computer and software applications
3The Windows 7 Desktop
4Managing files and folders
Part 3: Text manipulation
1Word processing and text manipulation
2Elementary word processing functions
3The Microsoft Word Interface
5Editing and formatting text
6Advanced word processing functions
Part 4: Using a spreadsheet application
1Spreadsheet applications and data manipulation
2Elementary spreadsheet functions
3Microsoft Excel Interface
4Advanced spreadsheet functions
5Printing and other spreadsheet techniques
6Formatting spreadsheets and data
Students enrolled in NATED Business Studies at N4 level.