Succeed in Personnel Training N6 provides students with the necessary theoretical knowledge to write their exams and the practical application to enter the workplace confidently.
- Learning outcomes are listed at the start of each chapter and reviewed again in summary form at the end of the chapter for students to use when studying.
- Cartoons, illustrations, diagrams and photos present information visually.
- Examples, Case Studies and Did You Know boxes link theory to industry and bring the content to life.
- Key Terms are explained on the page where they are used and a Glossary is included at the end of the book.
- Key Points highlight core information, which students will find useful when studying.
- Power Break activities allow for discussion and revision.
- Assessment questions at the end of each chapter provides test and exam practice.
Part 1: Competency-based training
1Descriptions and concepts
2Competency-based vs norm-based training
Part 2: Facilitating skills
1Facilitation as a concept
2Role of the facilitator
Part 3: Designing and developing a training programme
1Determining training needs
2Determining the training programme
6Selecting training media
7Developing training materials
8Piloting the training programme
Part 4: Practically presenting a training programme
1Facilities, equipment and materials
2Operating the training programme
3Coping with stress
5: Evaluating a training programme
1Introduction to training evaluation
2Purpose of evaluation
3Strategies for evaluation
4Levels of evaluation
5Developing evaluation instruments.
Part 6: Managing a training system
4Computerised training-management systems
5General management principles
TVET college students in the NATED Human Resources stream studying Personnel Training at N6 level.