Succeed in Business and Entrepreneurship N4 provides students with the necessary theoretical knowledge to write their exams and the practical application to enter the workplace confidently.
- Learning outcomes are listed at the start of each chapter and reviewed again in summary form at the end of the chapter for students to use when studying.
- Cartoons, illustrations, diagrams and photos present information visually.
- Examples, Case Studies and Did You Know boxes link theory to industry and bring the content to life.
- Key Terms are explained on the page where they are used and a Glossary is included at the end of the book.
- Key Points highlight core information, which students will find useful when studying.
- Power Break activities allow for discussion and revision.
- Assessment questions at the end of each chapter provides test and exam practice.
Part 1: Entrepreneurship
1The role of entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs
2Personal qualities of an entrepreneur
3Personal resources of a successful entrepreneur
4Economic importance of entrepreneurs
5Merits of entrepreneurship
6Why entrepreneurs fail
7How to avoid pitfalls
Part 2: Creativity
1Ideas and opportunities
2Innovation and creativity
3Generating new ideas
6Turning ideas into opportunities
Part 3: Market feasibility study
1Product description and classification
2Identification of market, market segments and market position
3Marketing research, information gathering and
4Application of market research techniques and testing market potential
5Assessment of strengths and weaknesses of an enterprise
6Identification of competitive advantage
Part 4: Financial feasibility
1Importance of financial feasibility
Part 5: Introduction to the business plan
1Elements of a business plan
2Where to find assistance
3Naming a business
Part 6: Marketing mix
2Pricing for profit
Part 7: Management plan
1Types of businesses and forms of ownership
2Factors determining form of ownership
3Legal formalities when establishing a business
4Entrepreneur's own involvement in starting a business
5Personnel and their responsibilities
7Equipment and machinery analysis
1Sources of financing
3Creating projected financial statements
Part 9: Presentation and evaluation of business plan
1Presentation and evaluation of business plan
2Business plan format
Entrepreneurship and Business Management students.