Retail Management second edition is a comprehensive introduction to traditional retail theory within the South African context.
- South African examples that help students to relate theory within a familiar context
- Case studies that illustrate how theory is applied in a real world context
- Discussion boxes that allow students the opportunity to self-assess their understanding of the content covered
- A new chapter on online retailing
- A focus on ethics in retail management
- South African examples and advertisements that will be familiar to students and prepare them for the retail industry
- Additional exercises on quantitative aspects of retailing.
Part 1: Introduction
1Role of retailing
Part 2: Marketing activities
5Design and layout
Part 3: Merchandising
Part 4: Operations management
13Assets and risks
Part 5: Resource management
Part 6: Strategic retail management
Senior undergraduate students studying a degree or diploma in Marketing. Also suitable for short courses which are accredited by the QCTO for the Wholesale and Retail SETA.