Succeed in Municipal Administration N6 provides students with the necessary theoretical knowledge to write their exams and the practical application to enter the workplace confidently.
- Learning outcomes are listed at the start of each chapter and reviewed again in summary form at the end of the chapter for students to use when studying.
- Cartoons, illustrations, diagrams and photos present information visually.
- Examples, Case Studies and Real World documentsand Did You Know boxes link theory to industry and bring the content to life.
- Key Terms are explained on the page where they is used and a Glossary is included at the end of the book.
- Key Points highlight core information, which students will find useful when studying.
- Power Break activities and The Ethics feature allow for discussion and revision.
- Assessment questions at the end of each chapter provides test and exam practice.
Part 1: Financial aspects of municipalities
1: Introduction to financial aspects of municipalities
2: The importance of financial management
3: Integrated development planning
4: The municipal budget
5: Operational budget
6: Capital budget
Part 2: Financial control measures in municipal finances
7: Introduction to municipal financial control
8: Control by higher authorities
9: Internal and external control measures
Part 3: Personnel in municipal administration
10: The place of personnel administration in municipal administration
11: Personnel systems
12: Legislation influencing municipal personnel administration
13: Relations between councillors and officials
15: Labour relations
16: Code of conduct
Part 4: Key officials in municipal administration
17: Introducing key officials
18: The Municipal Manager
19: Senior managers accountable to the Municipal Manager
20: The Chief Financial Officer
21: Other key officials and divisions
Part 5: Role of Municipal Manager in personnel administration
22: Introducing the role of the Municipal Manager
23: The Municipal Manager and the six administrative processes
24: Municipal Manager and personnel activities
25: Other managerial roles of the Municipal Manager
Part 6: Control over municipal authorities
26: Introducing control over municipal authorities
27: Reasons for control measures
28: External control
29: Internal control
Part 7: Public participation and municipal public relations
30: Introduction to public participation
31: Communication with the public
32: Task of the office of the Public Relations Officer
33: Council and public relations
34: Code of conduct for public servants and public relations
Public Administration students and lecturers at public and private TVET colleges.