Corporate Citizenship provides comprehensive foundation that equips students with the tools to analyse the development and implementation of globally responsible business behavior. While corporate citizenship may be a theoretical and philosophical subject, this textbook offers a broad range of examples and situations that give students the opportunity to apply their knowledge in a critical manner within a business context.
- Current issues pertaining to corporate governance
- Dilemma boxes throughout the chapter to illustrate real-life problems students might face in future work environments.
- Local examples and case studies from southern Africa to ensure students have a relevant context for the theory
- Key terms and concepts highlighted throughout the chapter
- Example boxes throughout the chapter to illustrate theoretical concepts, using local examples
- Learning outcomes which are linked to the chapter
- Opening Case Scenario which sets the scene for topics to be discussed in the chapter
- List of further readings per chapter to enhance the student's knowledge regarding the subject matter
Part 1: Context
1Introduction to corporate citizenship
2Sustainable development and climate change
3Evolution of corporate citizenship
4Rationale of corporate citizenship
Part 2: How
6Risk management in corporate governance
7Strategic management and competitive advantage
9Management of business ethics
Part 3: Implementation
10Sustainable procurement and supply chain management
11Operations and logistics management
12The human resource function and corporate citizenship
Part 4: Critical perspectives and conclusion
For senior undergraduate students at universities and universities of technology, who are studying subjects within the field of Commerce.