The Oxford Reading Tree is the market-leading reading scheme in South Africa. This well-known and exciting beginner’s reading programme, which can be used in a flexible manner from Grade R to 7. This much loved and comprehensive programme has taught millions of children to read worldwide, and is now better than ever with a fresh new look and a wealth of brand new resources.
Oxford Reading Tree includes a breadth and variety of reading resources to suit every reading need from Grades R to 7:
- Biff, Chip and Kipper Stories – Big helpings of fun, magic and drama with loveable characters to instil a love of reading
- Snapdragons – A rich variety of fiction titles to support reading development
- Glow-worms – Poetry children will love to read themselves
- Fireflies – Eye-catching and intriguing non-fiction
- All Stars – Engaging and high quality fiction to challenge talented learners
- Treetops – Beautifully illustrated books for Intermediate Phase readers. Choose from Fiction, Non-Fiction, Myths and Legends, Graphic Novels, Classics, True Stories, Playscripts and much more
- A comprehensive new phonics programme is now also available to grow
children from beginners into lifelong readers.
Oxford Reading Tree resources are supplemented by locally developed, curriculum compliant material, including Teacher’s Books, Workbooks, Activity Cards and Photocopy Masters.