Run, Run! is based on the American tale of The Gingerbread Man. A family bake a gingerbread man, but when they take him out of the oven the gingerbread man discovers he can run! He runs away from the family, but will they catch him or will he outrun them EL
This popular story written by Alex Lane and beautifully illustrated by Paula Metcalf will capture your child's imagination! It has been sensitively rewritten to enable your child to read it with confidence whilst capturing the magic of the original tale. There are useful tips for parents and an engaging story map inside the book to help you and your child retell the story together.
The Oxford Reading Tree Traditional Tales series includes 40 of the best known stories from all over the world, which have been passed down for generations. They are a perfect introduction to different cultures, traditions and morals. All the stories are carefully levelled to Oxford Reading Tree stages and matched to the phonics progression in Letters and Sounds enabling your children to read the stories independently.
Accompanying free Teaching Notes are available online at www.oxfordprimary.co.uk/tales <http://www.oxfordprimary.co.uk/tales>, along with an eBook and storyteller video for each stage.
Parents can also visit www.oxfordowl.co.uk <http://www.oxfordowl.co.uk> for practical advice, helpful information about phonics, lots of fun activities and free eBooks.
- Oxford Reading Tree is used in 80% of primary schools.
- An extensive collection of some of the best known stories from all over the world.
- Carefully levelled enabling your children to read the stories for themselves.
- Levelled to Stages 1-9 of Oxford Reading Tree stages, including Stage 1 wordless stories - the perfect introduction to reading.
- Fully decodable with phonics progression matched to Letters and Sounds.
- Beautifully illustrated, each by a different artist, to capture your children's imaginations.
- Tips for reading together and for retelling the story are included on the inside covers of every storybook to support adults reading with their child.
- A colourful and engaging story map is included in every book to encourage children to retell the story in their own words.
- Extended stories, for Stages 1-5, in the Teacher's Handbook enrich the storytelling experience.
- Watch videos of a professional storyteller retelling a selection of these traditional tales.
- FREE online teaching notes, storyteller videos, eBooks and activities, along with professional development videos and support.
Foundation Stage teachers
YR / P1
Pupils at Stage 1+ of Oxford Reading Tree [Book band pink, Letters and Sounds Phase 2]
4-5 year olds