Do you want to start and run your own business? This fully revised and updated 11th edition of South Africas best-selling business guide contains all the information you need to start, manage and sustain a profitable small business in South Africa.
The book covers the key stages in starting a business: Planning, Getting started and Scaling up. Read it in one go or as you need the relevant information.
- Step-by-step guidelines, advice and support tailored to the South African business environment
- Vital information about financial, legal and labour matters
- Case studies featuring real South African entrepreneurs
- Discussion on the issues faced by women in business in South Africa
- Up-to-date information on BBBEE requirements for small businesses
- Links to other useful resources and organisations
- PLUS: Online resources are available on the companion website.
Part l: Planning
1Do you really want to do this?
2Many styles, few rules
3Where do you start?
4A start-up story
5Thinking about partnerships
6Different ways of starting in business
Part ll: Getting started
7Set up a base camp
10Into the market
11The first scary months
12Structuring your business
Part lll: Scaling up
14From garage to factory, home to office
15Setting up systems
16Understanding labour law
17Financial management and tax
18Your business and black economic empowerment
19Women in business
20Support for your
Literate, post matriculants or adults who are thinking of starting their own business